Careers With 1664
At 1664 BMX Distribution BMX Bikes are our business. We all have lifestyles that allow for time to bike, board, or skate. We want the same for our employees. We are focused when at work, but do recognize balance for all our employees – and the need for time to play, refuel or whatever. We also know all our employees by name. Who they are and what they are about.
1664 BMX Distribution offers a competitive salary, a casual work atmosphere and a chance for you to join a team focused on being an industry leader! We work hard but we also have fun and offer perks like getting your birthday off and an annual bike part allowance.
Looking for a corporate career? That is not what we are all about at 1664 BMX Distribution. And we don't have any of the politics either.
We are currently hiring to the following positions:
Senior Replenishment Buyer
What Our Employees Think About 1664
"I like that we work as a team toward the goal of growing BMX in Canada."
"I like working for a small business that's doing big things"
"You don't have to be a fan of Nacho Libre, or I Love You Man to work here, but it helps."
Position: Senior Replenishment Buyer
Are you positive, self-motivated, and able to effectively plan your time? Are you someone who is good with numbers, a born 'problem solver', able to manage inventory and products?
We want you to be a member of our team.
We are looking for someone who is well organized, able to manage logistics, purchasing, and inventory for our company. We will support you in understanding our systems. Leave you alone to get your work done and also offer perks like – discounts on merchandise (BMX bike comes to mind) and taking the day off from work on your birthday each year. Also, we don't care if you want to have music playing while you work, or take one of our warehouse bikes for a spin. We focus on results and outcomes. If you are moving the business forward, we leave you alone to plan your work most efficiently and effectively.
Oh yes, here is what is involved in the role of Senior Replenishment Buyer …
- Providing in depth analysis of sales history to ensure that we correctly plan to have the needed parts in stock and available for our customers.
- Monitoring trends and emerging products in our industry – staying in touch with vendors - we want to be #1 in the market and we need someone focused on 'looking forward'.
- A relationship builder. Able to develop relationships and work effectively with our vendors.
- Ensuring new products are on site in our warehouse, available and our clients know about them.
- Managing shipping logistics and required paperwork – looking for someone who can spot efficiencies and ensure product gets to us a quickly as possible.
- Maintaining and managing inventory including monitoring turnover of products, maintaining needed inventory levels, and directing physical inventory counts.
- Collaborating with sales, design, shipping and other departments to ensure product is moving.
We like to hire for attitude and assist our employees as they develop but we are interested in the following experience and abilities for this role:
- 3-5 years of related experience in handling inventory (for multiple locations in North America or Internationally would definitely be an advantage)
- Seasonal buyer experience in a distribution environment would also be good experience for this role -- but not essential.
- Related experience or post secondary education (business diploma) would assist you to be successful in this role
- Good with numbers. Able to analyze data or trends.
- Good communication skills. Able to negotiate.
- Born Problem Solver. Intuitive.
- Creative and likes to share ideas – in terms of suggestions or opportunities for improvement. We are open to listening.
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- Able to research and effectively find information.
- Able to work independently and self-manage time.
- Computer literate is a given, we are definitely looking for an Excel wizard.
Please submit your application outlining why you would be right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.